By Bonna D. Wescoat,Robert G. Ousterhout
Read Online or Download Architecture of the Sacred PDF
Best architecture books
First released in 1999. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
"The Library at Phillips Exeter Academy in Exeter, NH, has received the Twenty-Five 12 months award from the yank Institute of Architects. The award is bestowed every year on an American paintings of structure that has proved its advantage over a lifetime of not less than 1 / 4 of a century. . The Exeter Library, which opened in 1971, used to be designed via Louis I.
The layout rules essential to create useful and dynamic modern mosques will be challenging to know for these unexpected with the Islamic religion. 'Design standards for Mosques and Islamic facilities' presents an easy-to-use and useful set of directions for mosque layout, illustrated with three hundred line drawings.
This quantity explores the conceptual "topography" of panorama: It examines the nature of panorama as itself a style of position in addition to the modes of position that seem relating to panorama. major students from a number disciplines discover the idea that of panorama, together with its intended relation to the spectatorial, its personality as time-space, its relation to indigenous notions of "country," and its liminality.
- European Security in Transition
- Buildings and Society: Essays on the Social Development of the Built Environment
- Architecture Post Mortem: The Diastolic Architecture of Decline, Dystopia, and Death (Ashgate Studies in Architecture)
- Twenty-Five Buildings Every Architect Should Understand: a revised and expanded edition of Twenty Buildings Every Architect Should Understand
- Dealey Plaza (Images of America)
Extra info for Architecture of the Sacred
Architecture of the Sacred by Bonna D. Wescoat,Robert G. Ousterhout