By Roger B. Ulrich,Caroline K. Quenemoen
A Companion to Roman structure presents a finished evaluation of the severe concerns and ways that experience remodeled scholarly knowing in fresh a long time in a single easy-to-reference volume.
- Offers a cross-disciplinary method of Roman structure, spanning expertise, heritage, paintings, politics, and archaeology
- Brings jointly contributions by way of top students in architectural history
- An crucial advisor to fresh scholarship, protecting new archaeological discoveries, lesser recognized structures, new applied sciences and area and construction
- Includes large, up to date bibliography and word list of key Roman architectural terms
Read or Download A Companion to Roman Architecture (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) PDF
Similar architecture books
First released in 1999. Routledge is an imprint of Taylor & Francis, an informa company.
"The Library at Phillips Exeter Academy in Exeter, NH, has received the Twenty-Five yr award from the yankee Institute of Architects. The award is bestowed each year on an American paintings of structure that has proved its benefit over a lifetime of at the least 1 / 4 of a century. . The Exeter Library, which opened in 1971, used to be designed through Louis I.
The layout rules essential to create practical and dynamic modern mosques should be challenging to know for these surprising with the Islamic religion. 'Design standards for Mosques and Islamic facilities' presents an easy-to-use and sensible set of instructions for mosque layout, illustrated with three hundred line drawings.
This quantity explores the conceptual "topography" of panorama: It examines the nature of panorama as itself a style of position in addition to the modes of position that seem when it comes to panorama. prime students from a number of disciplines discover the concept that of panorama, together with its intended relation to the spectatorial, its personality as time-space, its relation to indigenous notions of "country," and its liminality.
- Hotel Design, Planning and Development
- Redeveloping Industrial Sites: A Guide for Architects, Planners, and Developers
- Onset and Point Independence (Postcard History)
- Assembling the Centre: Architecture for Indigenous Cultures: Australia and Beyond (Routledge Research in Architecture)
- Romantic Modernism : Nostalgia in the World of Conservation
Additional info for A Companion to Roman Architecture (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World)
A Companion to Roman Architecture (Blackwell Companions to the Ancient World) by Roger B. Ulrich,Caroline K. Quenemoen